Funerals & Memorial Services
If you are planning for a future occurrence or looking at this page because you have just lost a loved one I offer my commiserations and assure you of a special memorial service.
You have made the first step in deciding to look for a Funeral Celebrant to help create a very special farewell ceremony for your loved one.
I have a strong belief that every life has a special meaning and deserves to be well celebrated.
I have experienced grief in various forms so can empathise and sympathise with your loss. I am convinced that funerals can be a valuable source of commencing the healing process.
DO WE NEED A FUNERAL OR MEMORIAL SERVICE?
Sometimes people question the need for such a service. The person who has passed away has gone and having a funeral cannot bring them back. In all societies and at all times, people have needed the opportunity to mark the passing of those who were important to them.
A funeral helps in many ways. The planning of and attending a funeral service provides:
• a visible social support system for the surviving family and friends
• the service helps us to understand that death is final and that death is a part of life
• it celebrates the life and achievements of the deceased
• it is a public honouring of the deceased's life
• it allows bereaved ones to participate in the service by contributing to the planning or by speaking a tribute
• it brings family members together as they acknowledge the one they have lost
• it aids in integrating family and friends back into their normal routines
• it reaffirms the mourners' relationships with the deceased
• it provides a special time to say good-bye
• it provides a safe place for expressing grief and loss
• it is part of the transition from life with the deceased, to a new life without the loved one
Nothing can take away the grief, but a genuine, well prepared tribute may ease the pain and help you remember the special times you shared.